Dear Stakeholders of Peabody Elementary,
It is with heartfelt words that I write this letter to inform you that as of July 8, 2013, I am leaving the position of principal at Peabody Elementary and beginning my new position as Instructional Leadership Director in the Northwest Region for the newly merged Shelby County Schools. Although I will miss the work with my Peabody Elementary family and the community of Cooper Young, I look forward to the challenges this promotion has to offer.
It has been a pleasure to serve as principal at this wonderful school. I hope you know how much I have enjoyed these last seven years. It has been a blessing to experience a wonderful partnership with the students, staff, Friends of Peabody Elementary PTA, school adopters and members of the community. My promotion has much to do with the success of this learning community that we have created here at Peabody.
Our teaching staff is very much committed to Peabody Elementary. As always, the staff will strive to provide quality instruction and enriched learning experiences for our wonderful children. The new principal will have the fortunate opportunity to work with this committed, hardworking staff. It is wonderful that all nineteen homeroom teachers will return to Peabody Elementary! I would also like to take this opportunity to update you of the following changes at the school for the upcoming school year:
- Ms. Jenifer Eoff, Instructional Facilitator, has been promoted to Assistant Principal at Belle Forest Elementary in the southeast area of Memphis.
- Ms. Jacqueline Ragland, International Studies Coordinator, has retired from the district. Deirdre Jones will serve as the International Studies Coordinator during the 2013-14 school year.
- We gained two certified teachers who are native Russian speakers to replace Mr. Keenan Sloan and Ms. Nicole Miller.
- Health and wellness conscious physical education teacher, Willie LeFleur, will join our team to replace Ms. Tammie Chapman.
- Mr. Andre Hayes, also assigned to Rozelle Elementary, will replace Ms. Alene Fifer.
- Ms. Donna Rae Allen, an experienced CLUE teacher, will replace Ms. Britney Davenport . We wish Ms. Davenport many moments of happiness as she starts a new chapter in her life with her groom.
We wish everyone the very best in their new endeavors.
Again, I would like to thank you for the opportunity to serve you, your children and this outstanding school community. Peabody Elementary and the Cooper Young community will forever be in my heart.
Note: A selection committee is interviewing a number of high quality applicants to find the next principal of Peabody Elementary. Your Peabody PTA will give you information about the new principal as soon as it is available through the Friends of Peabody website and our Facebook page.