If you have a child at Peabody Elementary and would like to send your child to a different Shelby County School OR if you are currently attending a Shelby County School and want to send your child to Peabody Elementary — the transfer process opens this Tuesday!
And there are no lines to wait in and no paper applications! It’s all online — but it IS first apply, first serve.
Peabody Principal Melanie Nelson has outlined how this works:
- All Students in Shelby County can apply for a General Choice Transfer on February 18-March 7, 2014
- Online application portal opens on the SCS District website at 10: a.m. on February 18
- Parent’s will log in with child’s name, birth date, current grade/school and social security number or district PIN (Test your log in here)
- The list of schools with enrollment spaces will be posted online prior to February 18.
- Applications will be electronically stamped with date and time as they are submitted
- Students on an existing transfer at SCS school are approved through the exit grade of the current school (No re-apply necessary)
The General Choice Transfer Process is NOT the same as the Optional Schools Process. Click here to see the difference.
Learn more about the General Choice Transfer Process on the Shelby County Schools website!