It may feel like the school year has just begun, but Peabody’s PTA is already rolling. Here’s an update from our fearless leaders – Mandy Grisham and Tiffany Richmond
2. We have a BYLAWS officer!! Leslie Zapol is a kindergarten mom with a degree in English who said she’d be happy to rewrite the bylaws with the team when it comes time!!
3. We ordered the TRIPLE SHOOT-OUT!! It will be delivered next month!
5. We are ready to MAKEOVER THE LIBRARY!!! We have met with Mr. Malone and came up with a plan. We will be ordering a large rug with many bean bags for a reading nook. We will also schedule a work day to create “milk crate benches” to seat underneath all of the windows and create little window seats for reading. And we’re thrilled to have secured a muralist who will work at a significant discount creating three murals above the bookshelves. Also, Ms. Vondran will be working with After-Care kids to create artwork to display on the top shelf of all of the bookcases. They will be recreating or redesigning the bookcovers of their favorite books!
6. We are ready for ACCELERATED READER!!! Mr. Malone and Mandy visited Delano Elementary to learn more about the Accelerated Reader program. He has a lot of experience with this program and is very supportive. We are ready to roll with it!
7. We have OFFICE SPACE!!! Ms. Jones has found space for us in the art room! Ms. Jenna Vondran has graciously moved around her supplies and given us three shelves in her storage closet as well as a two drawer file cabinet. Mandy has purchased a box of white paper (5000 sheets) and 5 reams of florescent paper for us to use for flyers. We have also been assigned a copy code and set up an account with the school to use the school copier!!
And here are some updates from the teams:
Keep up the great work! Peabody children will greatly benefit from all of our efforts!
-Mandy and Tiffany